One of the most destructive forces that has been plaguing the black community over the last 20 years has been the poison that is fed to us by our own people.
When the 90’s hit, and black people started so-called making it into the white mainstream of media, instead of using their celebrity to uplift and inspire our people to become better — the majority of them did the total opposite. They used their celebrity to inspire our people to do drugs, live whorish, fall in love with money, be selfish and sell out your people for the white’s man’s power.
Of course there have been exceptions by black celebs who didn’t sell out and used their platforms to take a stand for truth and righteousness like Lauryn Hill, Ray Lewis, Tavis Smiley, Eric Thomas, Cicely Tyson, etc. but the vast majority of what black celebs has put out there for us to consume over the last 20 plus years has been poison.
The Music Industry
For example, what have mainstream rappers been promoting to us through their lyrics for over the last 2 decades? The glorification of selling crack to our people, having sex with multiple partners, getting revenge and murdering on our own people, loving material things over spiritual things, and attaining riches by any means necessary. These are the types of messages that are in the lyrics of almost every rap or hip song today and these are the lyrics that our youth and young adults are listening to over and over again almost everyday of their lives.
By consuming this poison into their minds, the messages began to set up roots inside their soul and they start to become what they hear. As a result, our communities are a direct reflection of what Hip Hop and Rap promotes.
The Movie & TV Industry
Moving right along to the next form of media that many of our people have platforms on today, what have mainstream actors been promoting to us through their roles in the moves and TV shows over the last 2 decades? The acceptance of Adultery, Infidelity, Promiscuity, Homosexuality, Pornography, Cross-Dressing, Interracial Marriages, Drug Abuse, and Idol Worship. These are the types of characteristics and lifestyles of the roles that most black actors play in movies and television and our young people love to watch these types of movies imagery.
And just as music is programming our minds to live profane and immoral, so are the movies and tv shows we watch. Consequently, the majority of black people today carry the same characteristics that black actors play on films and tv.
The Correlation Between Black Celebs & The Black Community
So far, I have given you a small glimpse of how our people are planting poison into our communities through music and visual media. Now, let’s go deeper and get the specifics of how this is actually happening.
Black Celeb’s Road To Prominence:
- Martin Lawrence rose to mainstream stardom by playing the female role of Big Momma.
- Will Smith got his big break by kissing another man in his first film.
- Halle Berry wins an Oscar for playing the role of a white man’s hore in Monster’s Ball.
- Snoop Dawg rose to the top of the rap game by selling his soul to the Devil, literally.
- Lil Kim becomes one of the hottest female rappers of the 90’s by exposing her body for all to see and promoting sexual promiscuity in her lyrics.
- Rapper 50 Cent rose to fame with his first mainstream album, which taught young brothers in the hood to become drug dealers and kill each other to make it to the top.
- Flavor Flav becomes relevant again by exploiting black women on his hit reality tv show.
The Next Generation Follows Suit:
- Tyler Perry rises to fame by wearing a dress, lipstick, and a wig.
- Jussie Smollett becomes a star by kissing other men on the hit show Empire.
- Kerry Washington becomes a household name by playing the role of a white man’s hore on Scandal.
- Kayne West rises to rap stardom after selling his soul to the Devil.
- Nicki Minaj rises to fame by being the modern day version of Lil Kim, exposing her body for all to see and promoting promiscuity in her lyrics.
- Wacka Flocka became a star rapper doing exactly what 50 Cent did; glorifying the life of drug dealing, murder, using women, and getting rich by any means necessary.
- Peter Gunz becomes relevant again by exploiting his women on reality tv.
The Effects on The Black Community:
- There is an epidemic of young black men who dress like women today in schools and colleges.
- There is more promotion of black male homosexuality in the media today than ever before.
- There are more black women giving their bodies up to white men in movies and in real life than ever before.
- Well over 50% of the rap game has sold their soul to the Devil for riches and a come up in society.
- The majority of young sistas in the hood today who listen to Hip Hop are promiscuous and over 72% of black women are unwed single parents.
- The majority of young brothas in hood today who listen to hip hop have a reprobate mind and make up over 60% of the prison population.
- The majority of reality tv shows that have a black cast exploit black women for their own personal gain.
STOP Supporting Our Demise
The reason why this poison has been able to set generational roots into our communities is because we as people support it. The media (film, tv, internet, music, news, etc.) dictates the culture and every time we watch any type of foolishness on tv, go see a movie that promotes it, buy their music or attend their concerts — we are supporting it.
And by supporting it, not only are we supporting the destruction of our people, but we are also making the entertainers who feed us this poison rich. The only reason why artists and actors are well known and rich in the first place is because we the consumers have made them rich and famous through our support. Therefore since we have the power to make their careers, we only have the power to brake their careers.
So if you’re like me and are sick and tired of seeing our people sink lower and lower in morality then let’s stop supporting the people who feed this poison into our communities through unrighteous entertainment. Of corse not all entertainment is bad for us, but the majority of what’s been produced today is… and if we truly care about the souls of our people, we will stop tuning into this nonsense.
After all, when was the last time someone like Jay-Z, Beyonce, Terrance Howard, or Kerry Washington used their platform to speak up about the racial injustices going on against our people? I’ll tell you when… NEVER! Yet, although they do nothing for us, they are all rich and famous because of us. How ironic is that?
This is why I no longer support most black celebrities because most of them don’t support us. And you would do well to adopt the same mentality. I mean why would you continue to support celebrities (buy their music, watch their shows, attend their concerts and films) that not only doesn’t support the black community, but also feeds us poison?
I’ll let you answer that. Feel free to leave your comments below.